Pages

Sautéed Bean Sprouts (with Pork)


When I was in Philippines on vacation, as much as possible I would like to eat Filipino Food that I can’t eat while I’m working overseas.  And when I’m in the Philippines I rarely cook and I want to eat what my Mom cook coz’ I miss the taste.  It’s like being a child again.  One time she cooked Sautéed Bean Sprouts or what call Toge in the Philippines.  Oh boy, what a treat.     

Anyway, here is how my Mom cooked Sautéed Bean Sprouts with Pork.

Here are the ingredients my Mom used:
¼ kilo of pork belly
¼ kilo of strings beans
2 pieces of carrots cut in strips
Fish sauce (measurement according to your taste)
1 whole big onion
1 small packet of Ginisa Mix (Optional, replace it with salt and pepper)
½ cloves of garlic, chopped
½ kilo of Bean Sprouts
Olive oil for sautéing

How my Mom cooked it:
1.  On a pan, pour few tablespoons of olive oil and when it’s hot enough stir fry the garlic then add the onions.  Like me, my Mom prefer not to overcook the onions because she knew I like it little bit crunchy
2.  The next step is to add the sliced Pork Belly, sauté it with the garlic and onions then add the ginisa mix.
3.  Before you add the veggies make sure your pork is cooked by getting one piece and taste it, which is the only way you’ll know if it’s cooked or not.
4.  When pork is cooked, add the carrots and string beans.  After few minutes of stir frying it, add the bean sprouts and cook it for few minutes. I prefer that my bean sprouts is half cooked.

Voila!  That’s how my Mom cooked it. 

If you’d like to receive our recipes there are couple of ways to connect:
- Like our Facebook Page at http://facebook.com/filipinofoodrecipe  

Until next time, happy cooking. J

Comments
6 Comments

6 comments:

Irene Jennings said...

One of the best recipes I loved. My mom cooks this perfectly.

regards,
irene of Gift Basket

Unknown said...

I haven't tried any Philippines dishes yet but curious to taste and compare it with India Recipes. I will also experiment the same with Indian ingredients.

Jenille Cristy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Filipino food are superb! I also love toge especially when cooked as lumpia (Spring Rolls Filipino version).

Steph @ Best Business Franchise

Paolo said...

Moms really know better! :)

Unknown said...

twice daily