Pages

Sautéed Corned Beef with Onion Leaves



As an OFW, I think of recipes that are easy to cook after a hard day’s work.  And one of those easy to cook recipes is Sautéed Corned Beef and this time I thought of garnishing it with green onion leaves which gives a different flavor to it.  I always like to use onion leaves as an added veggie when I cook Tinolang Manok, there’s something with the taste that I really like.

Anyway, here’s how I cooked Sautéed Corned Beef.

Here are the ingredients I’ve used:
2 Cans of Purefoods Corned Beef 300 grams per can (or any brand)
1 whole big onion (the more the better)
Few pieces of garlic, crushed and chopped
Few tablespoons of olive oil or any cooking oil
I small packet of Ginisa Mix powder (optional)
Chopped green chili (medium spicy and this is optional)
Few stems of onion leaves
A pinch of black ground pepper

How I cooked it:
1.  On a pan, pour few tablespoons of olive oil and when it’s hot enough stir fry the garlic then add the onions.  I prefer not to overcook the onions because I like it little bit crunchy (if that is the right term to use).
2.  The next step is to add the corned beef, sauté it with the garlic and onions then add pepper and the ginisa mix.  (Ginisa Mix is a powder that became famous in the Philippines and now being exported all over the world for the OFW to use.  It adds taste to a dish because one of the ingredients is a Mono Sodium Glutamate or known as MSG or Vetsin).
3.  It only takes minutes to cook the corned beef and it’s already pre-cooked.
4.  Before you turned off the gas or electric stove, add the onion leaves.

Voila!  Isn’t that so easy? 

If you’d like to receive our recipes there are couple of ways to connect:
- Like our Facebook Page at http://facebook.com/filipinofoodrecipe  

Until next time, happy cooking. 

Comments
1 Comments

1 comments:

Unknown said...

It is fast and simple recipe. Anybody can cook it within few minutes. Thanks for sharing yet another Best Simple Recipes