Pages

Adobong Pusit sa Gata (Squid Adobo with Coconut Cream)












One of the favorite food of Filipinos is Pusit or Squid in English.  It can be grilled, and cooked in different ways, like Adobo.  If you are a Filipino or a Filipino food lover then you know what's adobo.  This time, let me tell you how you can cook Adobong Pusit with Coconut Cream the way I've prepared it.



These are the ingredients that I've used for this dish:

Half Kilo of Squid
1 medium size onion
About 6 cloves of garlic (I love garlic)
Vinegar (This time I used Apple Cider Vinegar)
Cooking Oil (about 2 tbsps)
Soy Sauce
Salt and Pepper
2 medium Chopped Tomatoes (this is an optional but this time I wanted to taste a bit of tomato flavor)
Extra Thick Coconut Cream
2 not so hot Chillis

How I cooked it:

1.  I saute'ed the garlic and onions for at least a minute or before it turns brown.  Then, I added the tomatoes.
2.  Before I added the squid, I made sure that the tomatoes are well cooked to get that juice out of it.
3.  I saute'ed the squid about 1 minute since I still have to cook it further (Remember when cooking squid you don't overcook it or the squid will be very chewy)
4.  Then I added soy sauce then let it simmer for about 2 minutes before I added the vinegar.  For some reason I find it better tasting when I use that method instead of adding the soy sauce and vinegar at the same time.  I guess it is because the acid that vinegar contains.
5.  Try your squid if it's tender before you pour the cream.
6.  Then finally I poured the coconut cream and the chillis and let it simmer for couple of minutes.

Voila!  Adobong Pusit in Coconut cream is ready to serve.

Please note that cooking depends on your taste buds.  It may be tasty to some but for you it's not.  So remember, try experimenting and you may find a better tasting food than this one. :-)

Happy cooking!

***
FOLLOW US ON:
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/FilipinoFoodRecipe
Twitter at https://twitter.com/food_pinoy





Comments
1 Comments

1 comments:

eric padilla said...

Great recipe. I'll try your recipe tonight for dinner.
I have a Squid recipe too that I want to share.

https://kaintayopinas.wordpress.com/ginisang-pusit-easy-to-cook-filipino-food-recipe-kain-tayo-pinas/
Thank you